Citation Tool 4.0 is a plugin for Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010 to insert bibliography directly from your CiteReady account into your Word document. To use the plug-in, an CiteReady account and internet access is required.
- After installation, the Citation Tool plug-in should appear in the home tab of Microsoft Word.
- You can dock Citation Tool panel in the vertical position, horizontal position, or as a free floating panel.
- In the horizontally docked Citation Tool Panel, the preview section is opened by default.
- In the vertically docked (or free floating) Citation Tool Panel, the preview section can be displayed by double clicking an item.
- To have quick access to your CiteReady account, click on your name at the top left hand corner of the Citation Tool panel. CiteReady will open in a browser, where you will be able to organize your items, folders and perform database search.* If you have made changes to your folder structure, please click onto refresh the folders in the Citation Tool add-in.
- Finally, to help you get aquainted with the functions of Citation Tool, here is a brief explaination of the main buttons.
Refresh your folders to reflect changes made in your CiteReady account.
Log out from Citation Tool.
Insert selected item(s) from your CiteReady account.
Select or customize a citation style.
Refresh your in-text and bibliographic citation(s) in your document.
Show a list of all the cited references.
Select file for originality checking.
Sort and find options.